As a SQL Server Developer you will be collaborating with application software engineers, architects, product analysts, and third party clients to design and develop the database schema, stored procedures, and processes for a large scale web application.
You will possess strong attention to detail, excellent relationship management skills, and be comfortable in working in a time-sensitive environment while meeting critical deadlines. You should have experience writing SQL queries and have an understanding of data modeling and normalization techniques.
The perfect candidate would have past experience with political or non-profit data in a technology, field organizing, digital, or fundraising position.
- Support new product development by creating new database architectures and stored procedures in an OLTP environment
- Work closely with Application Developers to ensure proper design and implementation of database systems
- Work with clients to understand data needs and fulfill complex custom data transfers and exports
- Implementation and improvement of advanced ETL processes that acquire, load, or deliver large datasets to and from clients and partners.
- Assist in developing SQL scripts and business processes for large scale database migrations
Crucial Skills/Experience – A good candidate will have all of these:
- Experience writing SQL queries
- Strong understanding of general software design principles and practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
A great candidate will have several of these
- Experience with campaign/volunteer management, fundraising, or general purpose CRM applications
- Experience with dynamic SQL
- Experience with query optimization and performance benchmarking
- Exposure to cloud based database technologies such as those provided by Azure or AWS
- Exposure to Agile/Scrum workflows and iterative design principles
- Experience working in a geographically distributed team, along with associated collaboration software
- Experience with Powershell and/or Python
NGP VAN is a technology company whose team members do exciting and meaningful work that has a significant impact on promoting civil rights, social justice, and environmental responsibility.
Employees enjoy an unusually generous set of benefits, including 12 weeks paid parental leave, profit sharing, 100% premium-paid health/dental, and an ongoing education allowance. NGP VAN is one of only a handful of companies to be recognized as one of the fastest growing companies in America by Inc. Magazine for 10 years. Inc. Magazine also recognized us as one of the 50 Best Places to Work in 2016.
We were named one of the Coolest Companies of 2016 by DC Inno. We've also been named one of the top 50 fastest growing companies in the DC area by the Washington Business Journal and SmartCEO. The Wall Street Journal wrote “NGP VAN is something of a secret weapon for the Democratic Party and the labor unions and progressive groups that use it.” We have also won the AAPC award for Best Use of New Technology, and the Campaigns & Elections Award for Most Innovative Product.
Join our team and work alongside about 200 smart, passionate, and innovative co-workers, many of whom are industry recognized as experts in their fields.
How To Apply
Submit your application by visiting our Careers Page. We are hiring for this position in both the DC and Somerville offices.
NGP VAN believes a diverse, inclusive staff makes us a stronger company and better partner for our clients. We’re committed to hiring people of all races, ethnicities, ages, sex, genders, sexual orientation or gender identities, marital status, religions, and disabilities. Women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are encouraged to apply.