Mobilize is the volunteer recruitment and events management platform that connects mission-driven organizations and their supporters.
The Mobilize platform has helped 3,000 advocacy organizations, nonprofits, unions, and political campaigns like Planned Parenthood Action Fund, the Human Rights Campaign, AARP, and the Biden/Harris campaign sign up more than 4 million supporters for over 15 million actions. Mobilize was acquired in December 2020 by EveryAction, the leading technology platform for mission-driven organizations. This partnership is turbocharging our growth and creating many new opportunities to scale the team’s impact.
As a company, we are committed to building a workplace that reflects the diversity of volunteers and organizations that we exist to serve. We especially encourage women, people who identify as LGBTQ, people of color, and others who are underrepresented in the technology and nonprofit industries to apply.
Our team brings experience from the Biden-Harris, Warren, and Buttigieg Presidential campaigns; industry-leading technology companies including Quora, Condé Nast, DataCamp, and Pinterest; and a range of non-profits and advocacy organizations.
About the role:
As a Senior Product Designer on a small team, you’ll be responsible for core aspects of the Mobilize product experience and have significant influence over Mobilize’s brand and visual identity. You’ll be responsible for turning complex flows into simple, intuitive digital experiences that will delight and motivate mission-driven volunteers and organizers.
- Be involved at every step in the product development process –– working closely with product managers, engineers, customer success, and other designers to design and build great products that help campaigns, advocacy groups, and non-profits mobilize volunteers
- Develop deep empathy for both organizers and supporters, learn about their workflows and needs, and design ways to help them achieve their goals
- Use product intuition, data, and user research to improve and iterate on existing product surfaces, design scrappy growth experiments, and develop greenfield new product experiences
- Be a good collaborative design partner to the engineering team, who will need your guidance and feedback to implement your designs
- Help establish robust design principles and processes and evangelize them within the product and the company
- Influence the look and feel of the Mobilize brand as applied to the product as well as to our social properties, marketing materials, and sales collateral
What you’ll need to succeed
- You care deeply about empowering ordinary people for progressive causes. We’re a mission-driven company, and everything we do is guided by impact. At the end of the day, we’re here to make a difference.
- You have exceptional verbal and written communication skills, for writing compelling microcopy, conveying concepts, synthesizing design feedback, and articulating the “why.”
- You likely have four+ years of professional work experience, and ideally experience working with consumer-facing products. Note: this is not a requirement, it’s intended to give a rough expectation
- You’re able to think about systems as a whole and design the user’s experience as they move across channels from online (web, email, SMS) to offline, and back again.
- You’re able to work with a diverse toolkit, letting you move easily from writing, hand sketching, and quick whiteboarding to in-browser tools, CSS, Figma, and prototypes
- You have a passion for inclusive and accessible design and stay on top of best practices
- You’re self-motivated and willing to share responsibility for your team’s success and progress
- You take initiative to raise and solve problems to make the team stronger going forward
- You have an opinion but not an ego — you push yourself and your team towards the best possible outcomes, and embrace data and feedback
- You’re flexible, like working at a fast but sustainable pace, and are able to anticipate change
We’re including this list only to be helpful and informative. We do not expect familiarity with any particular technology in the interview process or before starting the job.
- We primarily use Figma for design and prototyping
- Mobilize.Us uses a React frontend with Material components and Python (Django) on the backend
- Our marketing site is powered by Webflow
A comprehensive set of benefits for employees includes:
- 5 weeks PTO
- Fully-funded healthcare
- Dental and vision benefits
- 401K with employer contribution
- Parental leave policy
- Tuition reimbursement
- Pet and life insurance
- Generous employee assistance program
This role is remote within the US until further notice, with the option to start working in-person from the Mobilize office in NYC or EveryAction offices in DC or Boston. Any expectations and changes to the remote work policy will be communicated well in advance.
EveryAction believes a diverse, inclusive staff makes us a stronger company and better partner for our clients. Women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are encouraged to apply. We’re committed to hiring people on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need, and EveryAction is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.