NGP VAN is looking for a Support Team Manager for our Volunteer and Event Management solution Mobilize. You will report to the Mobilize Managing Director of Revenue, while overseeing the support team.
Mobilize is the volunteer engagement and events management platform that connects mission-driven organizations and their supporters.
The Mobilize platform has helped 3,000 advocacy organizations, nonprofits, unions, and political campaigns (including Planned Parenthood Action Fund, the Human Rights Campaign, AARP, and the Biden/Harris campaign) sign up more than 4 million supporters for over 15 million actions.
As a Support Manager, you’ll be responsible for ensuring that our onboarding and support operations provide clients with an excellent user experience from the time contracts are signed, through the onboarding process and continued support.
You will fully own inbound support. This includes directly troubleshooting client needs, managing our HelpDesk and using automation, routing and other approaches to reduce ticket volume and increase responsiveness. You’ll be on the front lines with our clients — solving their most pressing problems and using data to make our systems better and users happier.
Maintain inbound support responsiveness
- Respond to inbound support requests with positivity and user empathy
- Manage our Intercom inbox processes including custom bots, saved responses, routing and auto messages, constantly working to decrease ticket volume and resolve time
- Manage inbound support shift schedule to ensure we always meet responsiveness SLA’s
Scale user self-help systems
- Write user-facing content for our HelpDesk, using data to proactively identify areas for investment
- Analyze patterns and make updates to processes to build the best customer support system in the industry
Customer insights and feedback loop
- analyze and surface insights across customer base to provide improvement recommendations
- Work collaboratively with product team to share user insights, feedback, and suggestions
Training and system design
- Design and execute curriculum for our organizer trainings programs to ensure users at all levels of the contract scale are highly competent Mobilize evangelists
- Work with Director and CSMs to improve and streamline onboarding operations to reduce the average onboarding time and increase early user success
- Manage internal user data to suggest opportunities for CSM time investment
- 4+ years of professional experience working with a customer support system
- Management experience with the ability to effectively prioritize initiatives for the team, mentor and coach support team, and great cross-functional collaboration
- Excellent documentation and writing skills
- Experience building user onboarding and training programs for a technical platform
- Experience working with technical teams to resolve pain points.
- Proactive, process driven thinking. You’d be excited to dig into data to refine processes and run support tool experiments to find the perfect user flow.
- Experience in customer support and support tools (e.g. Intercom or Zendesk)
- Experience with VAN, Everyaction, ActionKit, ActionNetwork, Blue State Digital is a plus, but not required.
- Team player attitude. You’ll do whatever it takes to get the job done, to help clients recruit volunteers and reach their goals. No task is too small.
- A passion for empowering ordinary people for progressive causes. We’re a mission-driven company, and everything we do is guided by impact. At the end of the day, we’re here to help progressive organizations and campaigns to organize and win.
Employees enjoy an unusually generous set of benefits, including 5 weeks of paid time off, 12 weeks of paid parental leave, 100% premium-paid health/dental/vision, employer retirement contributions, and an ongoing education allowance. Join our team and work alongside 350 smart, passionate, and innovative co-workers, many of whom are industry-recognized as experts in their fields.
EveryAction believes a diverse, inclusive staff makes us a stronger company and better partner for our clients. Women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are encouraged to apply. We’re committed to hiring people on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need, and EveryAction is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.