NGP VAN is the leading technology provider to progressive campaigns and organizations, offering an integrated platform that combines the best fundraising, compliance, field, organizing, and digital products. We’re honored to power the activities for the Obama campaign; the DNC, DSCC, and DCCC; the majority of Democratic state caucuses; and thousands of other candidates and organizations.
NGP VAN employees are widely recognized as the geeks that provide the competitive advantage to Democrats and progressive organizations. We’ve been committed to building tools to advance the Democratic cause for 20 years, becoming the industry standard for successful campaigns up and down the ballot. Much of our team is made up of former campaign staffers who genuinely care about Democratic campaigns and ensuring their success.
Here's what you'll do as part of our team:
- Work closely with a passionate and growing team in our Washington, DC office to be the technological expert on NGP VAN phone tools
- Coordinate with clients to successfully utilize our phone tools: Predictive Dialer, RoboCalls, RoboSurveys, and Live Call Tools
- Collaborate with a wide array of NGP VAN staff to exceed each client's expectations
- Rub elbows with Democratic activists, state stakeholders, fundraising consultants and members of the professional campaign community who are fighting the good fight
- Join a great team that will readily share their wisdom on client management and digital outreach
- Have a clear path for professional growth where great work is recognized and rewarded
- Expand new business primarily by being a spokesperson for NGP VAN phone tools, as well as by building relationships with stakeholders, consultants, and campaign staff
- Establish and grow relationships with current NGP VAN clients to encourage implementation of new innovative phones tools and services
- Thrive in a fast-growing, start-up culture while balancing several tasks at once
- Take the lead on key, long-term projects and reports while providing efficient and exceptional client service on a daily basis
- Take constructive feedback and also be a teacher when needed
- Be a jetsetter as needed for trainings and in-person meetings
- Enjoy ‘Casual Friday’ every day
- Embrace the mission of NGP VAN
- Put your experience to work devising new and exciting ways we can serve our clients
And here are the skills & experience we hope you have:
- Demonstrated and passionate interest in Democratic political campaigns and progressive politics
- Experience running a paid phone program for at least one cycle
- Experience using all NGP VAN phone tools: Predictive Dialer, RoboCalls, RoboSurveys, Live Call Tools is highly preferred
- Former Democratic campaign managers, finance staff, field organizers, digital assistants, and caucus directors with 2+ cycles of experience are especially encouraged to apply
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A passion for problem-solving, logistics, best practices, and data-driven decision-making
- A desire to learn more about the technology needs of state and local campaigns and stakeholders
- Comfort level with training and explaining technological tools
- A keen interest in changing Democratic politics for the better -- and a nagging curiosity about how to use NGP VAN’s innovative tools to make that change happen
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel; Salesforce and other CRM experience a big plus
- Previous experience with NGP VAN’s product suite or similar campaign CRMs
About NGP VAN:
NGP VAN is a technology company whose team members do exciting and meaningful work that has a significant impact on promoting civil rights, social justice, and environmental responsibility.
Employees enjoy an unusually generous set of benefits, including 12 weeks paid parental leave, profit sharing, 100% premium-paid health/dental, and an ongoing education allowance.
NGP VAN is one of only a handful of companies to be recognized as one of the fastest growing companies in America by Inc. Magazine for 10 years. Last year we were named one of the Coolest Companies of 2016 by DC Inno. We've also been named one of the top 50 fastest growing companies in the DC area by the Washington Business Journal and SmartCEO. The Wall Street Journal wrote “NGP VAN is something of a secret weapon for the Democratic Party and the labor unions and progressive groups that use it.” We have also won the AAPC award for Best Use of New Technology, and the Campaigns & Elections Award for Most Innovative Product.
Join our team and work alongside about 200 smart, passionate, and innovative co-workers, many of whom are industry recognized as experts in their fields.
NGP VAN believes a diverse, inclusive staff makes us a stronger company and better partner for our clients. We’re committed to hiring people of all races, ethnicities, ages, sex, genders, sexual orientation or gender identities, marital status, religions, and disabilities. Women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are encouraged to apply.