Are you passionate about helping nonprofits do more good in the world? Do you have a good understanding of fundraising, and a knack for helping people solve problems?
If so, we’d love to talk to you about joining the EveryAction team – to help nonprofits better use our products, including supporting their direct mail/direct response fundraising.
EveryAction is looking for a new Development Solutions Lead with a strong background in nonprofit fundraising. As part of our Account Management team, you will work to guide nonprofits through their first few months on the EveryAction platform, ensuring a successful transition from their previous system, and helping them move their fundraising, advocacy, or digital marketing programs to our tools.
The position will work out of our DC office, alongside an experienced team that is already supporting great clients like the Greenpeace, Planned Parenthood, United Nations Foundation, Victory Fund, NAACP, Everytown, Comic Relief, Audubon, Covenant House AFL-CIO, SEIU, NextGen America, and Rock the Vote.
Social mission is at the core of what we do, and we're looking for people who love our clients (and their causes) as much as we do.
- You have at least five years of experience in a leadership role with direct response fundraising. You have either led a small-to-medium direct response team in-house, acted in a key role in a larger in-house team, or have acted as a fundraising consultant. You can build a mail plan, set up a source code hierarchy, and effectively report on campaign success.
- You can analyze and align organizations’ business processes with fundraising CRM software features and capabilities. Experience with EveryAction fundraising tools is a huge plus.
- You understand the cadence, sequencing, and special needs of larger direct mail programs and can run a schedule so that direct mail plans and data are produced as needed for overall success.
- You understand the various roles and functions of direct response nonprofit staff play, agencies, and other consultants involved in the fundraising process.
- You can read mailing, effort, and annual analysis reports of direct response programs.
- You have experience with multi-channel direct response programs.
- You can confidently and authoritatively interact with client stakeholders of any level of seniority or technical expertise. You can manage technology and process anxiety and know when to proactively escalate issues to other subject matter experts.
- You have experience with CRM conversion projects. You can take the first pass at a data mapping from one system to another, and know how to work with a data team to complete the successful data migration.
- You can support a data conversion Quality Assurance process and help review client testing scripts.
- You are passionate about nonprofit technology work and seek new ideas to simplify processes and find better ways of doing things.
- You work well within cross-functional teams of technical project managers, data specialists, and product experts, both taking direction and taking ownership for getting tasks done.
- You have an understanding of project management practices, comfort with SaaS project management tools (Teamwork, Asana, Smartsheets, Basecamp, etc.), and can directly project manage portions of projects when required.
- You’re detail-oriented, great at following up and don’t let things slip through the cracks.
- You have experience with data analytics and best practices for tracking and measuring campaign success.
- You have an established network in the nonprofit technology world.
- You have experience with onboarding multiple organizations to new tools.
- You have familiarity with the Atlassian product suite, including Jira and Confluence.
- You have experience in a business development team, or with helping scope and quote new projects.
EveryAction, and its parent company NGP VAN, is a technology company whose team members do exciting and important work that has a significant impact on promoting civil rights, social justice, and environmental responsibility.
EveryAction/NGP VAN is one of only a handful of companies to be recognized as one of the fastest-growing companies in America by Inc. Magazine for 10 years. We were named one of the Coolest Companies of 2016 by DC Inno. We've also been named one of the top 50 fastest growing companies in the DC area by the Washington Business Journal and SmartCEO. The Wall Street Journal wrote, “NGP VAN is something of a secret weapon for the Democratic Party and the labor unions and progressive groups that use it.” We have also won the AAPC award for Best Use of New Technology, and the Campaigns & Elections Award for Most Innovative Product.
Join our team and work alongside over 300 smart, passionate, and innovative co-workers, many of whom are industry-recognized as experts in their fields.
Submit your application via our online form. Links to all our open positions are posted at https://www.everyaction.com/about/careers.
NGP VAN believes a diverse, inclusive staff makes us a stronger company and better partner for our clients. Women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are encouraged to apply. We’re committed to hiring people on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need, and NGP VAN is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.