Are you passionate about helping nonprofits do more good in the world by providing them with the tools to make a greater impact? Do you have a history of helping growing sales teams succeed? Do you want to work with a really awesome team of people? If so, we’d love to talk to you about joining EveryAction.
EveryAction is looking for a highly motivated self-starter to join our team as the Director of Sales Operations. The Director of Sales Operations supports the achievement of EveryAction’s revenue goals and strategic objectives by providing senior management with accurate sales reporting, analyses, and actionable recommendations. This leadership position reports to the VP of Sales and is based in DC.
We’re a successful, growing company of 200+ people based in Washington, DC and Boston, MA. We’ve been recognized as one of the fastest growing companies in America by Inc. Magazine for the past ten years in a row and one of the top 50 fastest growing companies in the DC area by both the Washington Business Journal and SmartCEO.
Key Job Responsibilities:
Metrics, Forecasting, Reporting
- Works closely with sales leadership to define the optimal performance measurements and performance management programs required to ensure the achievement of revenue goals. Aligns reporting with these performance management priorities.
- Develops and manages sales forecasting, planning, reporting, and analytics infrastructure in order to deliver predictable and insightful sales intelligence to various stakeholders within the organization.
- Proactively monitors and ensures high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in the sales organization’s planning and forecasting efforts.
- Ensures planning, forecasting and budgeting efforts are appropriately integrated with other planning processes employed within the company.
Sales Productivity and Process (Full-Funnel)
- Collaborates with marketing leadership to model, forecast, and report on lead generation activities to ensure that sales goals can be achieved. This includes working with marketing to develop targets and KPIs, to implement a "single source of truth" for full-funnel reporting, and to establish SLAs between the sales and marketing organizations that can be monitored and measured on a regular basis.
- Analyzes all aspects of sales data and rep productivity data, and provides actionable recommendations. This analysis includes all facets of the data, ranging from opportunity and pipeline analysis to sales velocity to rep performance and beyond.
- Works closely with sales management to improve sales processes and to drive consistency across the sales organization. Assists sales management in understanding process bottlenecks and inconsistencies.
Territory Planning, Quotas, Compensation
- Assists in developing territory assignments to maximize sales productivity including assessment of existing book of business, market size and total addressable market across segments, roles, and industries.
- Supports the equitable assignment of sales force quotas and ensures quotas are optimally allocated to all sales segments and regions by aligning existing and prospective accounts by geography, account type, and market segment, coordinating with all internal stakeholders.
- Provides input to senior leadership in the development and administration of sales incentive compensation programs. Working with Finance, and Human Resources, assists with sales incentive compensation administration on an as-needed basis.
CRM and Technology
- Implements and administers Salesforce.com, including establishing an appropriate data structure to support business dynamics, ensuring superb data cleanliness and quality, and monitoring ongoing compliance across the sales organization with standard processes for maintaining up-to-date and high-quality CRM data.
- Works with the marketing organization to integrateMAP to ensure completeness and accuracy of data and reporting throughout the sales and marketing funnel and to ensure marketing and sales activities are aligned.
- Identifies and implements all enabling technologies for the sales team. Works with management to optimize the effectiveness and usage of all technology investments.
- Coordinates all sales training initiatives (ranging from education on products to processes) and assists in onboarding new sales reps.
Accountabilities and Performance Measures:
- Achievement of Sales team revenue goals and strategic objectives.
- Accountable for the continued implementation and ongoing maintenance of Salesforce.com.
- Accountable for accurate and on-time reporting and sales data analysis.
- Accountable for the development and rollout of recommended quotas and performance objectives for the sales team.
- Accountable for the thorough implementation and monitoring of sales organization initiatives.
- Responsible for the efficient allocation of technology, support, and training resources for the sales organization.
- The successful candidate has experience working in a sales team in a complex sales cycle. This experience must include working with both inside and field sales organizations.
- Performance management, a metrics based approach and a strong results orientation is essential, and the successful candidate has demonstrated a commitment to long-term success through a consistent focus on the customer and on the best possible use of resources in the sales function.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate true leadership ability and have strong cross-functional and team-building skills with an ability to manage effectively up, down and across an organization.
- The successful candidate will have demonstrated their ability to upgrade and develop an organization via recruiting, training and performance management.
- The successful candidate will be able to communicate effectively with the various constituencies. Strong presentation, communication and interpersonal skills are also desired along with strong time management, organizational and analytical skills. The successful candidate will have the ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- 8+ years of sales or sales management experience in a SaaS environment.
- Minimum 4 years in a sales operations, business planning, or sales support management role.
- Experience successfully managing analytically rigorous corporate initiatives.
- Willingness to travel
- Four year college degree from an accredited institution; masters in business administration (MBA) or equivalent preferred.
Compensation and Benefits:
At EveryAction, you will enjoy a progressive and open-minded workplace where we have:
- A fun and relaxed company culture, including enjoying periodic company retreats to warm places with a beach
- Casual Friday every day
- An unusually generous set of benefits, including up to 12 weeks paid parental leave, profit sharing, 100% premium-paid health/dental, and an ongoing education allowance
NGP VAN, the parent company of EveryAction, is a technology company whose team members do exciting and important work that has a significant impact on promoting civil rights, social justice, and environmental responsibility.
NGP VAN is one of only a handful of companies to be recognized as one of the fastest growing companies in America by Inc. Magazine for 10 years. Last year we were named one of the Coolest Companies of 2016 by DC Inno. We've also been named one of the top 50 fastest growing companies in the DC area by the Washington Business Journal and SmartCEO. The Wall Street Journal wrote “NGP VAN is something of a secret weapon for the Democratic Party and the labor unions and progressive groups that use it.” We have also won the AAPC award for Best Use of New Technology, and the Campaigns & Elections Award for Most Innovative Product.
Join our team and work alongside over 200 smart, passionate, and innovative co-workers, many of whom are industry recognized as experts in their fields.
NGP VAN believes a diverse, inclusive staff makes us a stronger company and better partner for our clients. We’re committed to hiring people of all races, ethnicities, ages, sex, genders, sexual orientation or gender identities, marital status, religions, and disabilities. Women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to